back to the schedule
Problematic demographics within research computing and ways to rectify the problem
This was an unconference session, a discussion added to the agenda during the workshop.
- Special interest groups exist.
- Do they funnel people out of the main group?
- Work with them and include the interest groups in the main group
- What leads to the imbalance at different levels on career / education?
- Example: Gender balance in computational particle physics in Helsinki surprisingly good. Why?
- Better balance among students than before
- Hiring from earlier in the studies (batcherol's level)
- If related fields are more biased, there are more qualified applicants
- Hard discussion to have, thanks to everyone who was involved
- Sorry I forgot to take notes for most of it :(